Friday, January 15, 2010

Smart Board

You all know how a guy loves his electronic toys!!! I LOVE my Smart Board. I'm sure your child has already told you how cool this thing is. This morning during math, the students had an assignment where they had to sort shapes. One student wasn't sure whether or not a shape had a right angle. I pulled up the online gallery, found a protractor, slid the protractor over the shape and turned it to measure the angle and everyone quickly saw that the shape did not have any right angles.

In the afternoon during dismissal, I pull up interactive educational games that the students can do up at the board. Students practice math and language skills while having fun.

I must also thank the PTO for their Mini Grant that I have won. I will be receiving a wireless tablet that works in conjunction with the board. It will allow me to walk around the room and use the board without having to be at it. I can also place the tablet on a student's desk so that he/she can demonstrate something while it is shown to the whole class on the Smart Board.

Gotta love technology!!

No comments: